During Term 1 and Term 2, teachers are responsible for recording their students’ attendance every day. The official class list will be given to teachers during morning assembly. After checking the class’ attendance, teachers should send a student to return the list to the designated area in the Student Affairs department.
Please follow the below procedure for Morning Attendance Checking:
- Teachers should check attendance in the classroom after the morning assembly – no attendance checking during the morning assembly.
- If all the students are present, a teachers can send the ‘Attendance Book’ to the Student Affairs Department any time before 10:40 a.m.
- If some students are absent, a teacher should hold on to the ‘Attendance Book’ until all the students arrive but not later than 10:30 a.m.
- If a student is at school before 8:30 a.m., a teachers should put a tick next to the student’s name.
- If a student arrives at school between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., a teachers should put an L next to the student’s name.
- If at any time before 10:30 a.m. all the students arrive at school, the teacher can send the ‘Attendance Book’ to the Student Affairs Department.
- If a student is absent by 10:30 a.m., a teacher should put an X next to the student’s name and send the ‘Attendance Book’ to the Student Affairs Department by 10:40 a.m. (during the morning break).
- If you have students missing in your class, please make sure you hold on to the ‘Attendance Book’ until 10:30 a.m. and check your homeroom before sending the file to the Student Affairs Department.