Updated July 15, 2015 @ 12:00 p.m.
There are 4 groups:
VIP, Family (ACEP Families, must include 1 student on a team), Students, Open (this is where teachers can participate).
VIP games start @ 9:00 a.m.
Family games start at 10:00 a.m.
Student games start at 11:00 a.m.
Open Category games start at 12:00 p.m.
If you join, you would be in the Open Category and, therefore, could arrive there at about 11:00 a.m.
- 3 people per team
- 1 person has two games (a total of 20 frames) and each frame is 1 roll. i.e you have 20 rolls.
- if you down even number of pins in your roll it is considered a strike; if you down odd number of pins it
- is considered spare. In either case, you don’t get the second roll in the frame. So you cannot down 3 pins throw again, down 1 pin and get a strike.
- no foul line
- registration is 15 minutes before the start of a game
- Cup for the Winning Team in each category
- Cup for the 2nd and 3rd place Team in each category
- Cup for the best player in each category (male and female)
- Cup for the Second Last team in each category
All the participants will receive a t-shirt
On Saturday August 8, 2015, ACEP will be organizing ACEP Charity Bowling. The event is to celebrate the auspicious occasion of the 60th Birthday Anniversary and 5th Cycle of H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. Proceeds from the “ACEP Bowling 2015” event will go towards projects which promote the development of education (Student Development Fund), for example:
- tutoring for university exams and international exams;
- tutoring for FSG, O-Net, GAT, PAT exams;
- everything related to outside competitions (e.g. music competitions, robot club, swimming competitions, sport competitions);
- anything related to student development (academic and non-academic)
The event is optional for the foreign teachers. I am still waiting for some more details in English but what I know for now is that it will be half day (8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.), teams of 3, the rules are little bit simpler than regular bowling (knocking down even number of pins = strike). The cost is 5,000 BHT / team of 3.
Marcin Leon Kempka
As soon as I have more information, I will leet you know.
- Location: TPD Bowling located at 93/1 Soi Ekachai Bang Bon, Bangkok.
- Map (in Thai): can be found HERE
It is on Ekkachai Road (right off Kanchanapisak Road, half way between Rama 2 and The Mall Bang Kae).
Go to maps.google.com and search for:
ซอย เอกชัย 93/1 Khwaeng Bang Bon, Khet Bang Bon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10150
As soon as I have more details and where to register, I will let you know.